In our last year The Growth Company delivered over £17m of services for government, its agencies and contractors. We are a not-for-profit organisation and as such our surpluses are reinvested back into improving services that make a difference to the people, communities, and employers that we support.
We are accredited to ISO 9001 and Matrix standards. We are IIP recognised for the recruitment, management and development of our staff.
Operating within the welfare-to-work, justice, substance misuse, and adult careers guidance markets, we deliver:
- End to end services within the Work Programme, Work Choice, and Community Work Placements.
- Pre-recruitment programmes for major employers such as the University of Manchester.
- Information, advice and guidance to adults under the National Careers Service.
- Specialist key worker and employability services for (ex) offenders, people in recovery from substance misuse, and others with complex needs.
Our “prime-contractor" partners include Avanta, G4S, Maximus, Serco, and Shaw Trust. We also work with specialist agencies and organisations such as The National Treatment Agency, social care charity CRI, and Cheshire & Greater Manchester Community Rehabilitation Company. We currently deliver services in Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Lancashire, Merseyside, Yorkshire and The Humber, and the East Midlands.
We have strong working relationships with local stakeholders, including the 10 local authorities that make up the Greater Manchester Combined Authority, and Jobcentre Plus.
Our track record
Our success has been built on a strong performance culture at every level.
We have a proven track record of success in delivering employment, learning and training programmes to multiple groups with multiple barriers to work:
- Last year our employment contracts supported over 7500 customers
- We are one of the top performing sub-contractors for job entry and sustained job outcomes in our current DWP funded contracts
- Over 40% of our jobs are secured through account managed relationships with c. 1600 local employers
- Our specialist Drug and Alcohol services have helped 1 in 3 service users to either move into employment, gain a qualification, or a volunteer position
- We deliver the Intensive Community Order sentence in Greater Manchester in partnership with CGM Community Rehabilitation Company and Partners of Prisoners. To date, over 40% of offenders who started the programme have entered employment
- 71% of people who enrol on our Pre-recruitment programmes gain employment. 85% of those remain in work for over 6 months
- We secured a work placement for over 4000 young JSA claimants under the Future Jobs Fund. 42% progressed into employment, education or training
- 28% of customers on our Pathways to Work contract moved into employment, exceeding the national average for provider-led PTW districts by over 60%. Two-thirds of those who secured a job remained in work for over 6 months