It is Armed Forces Day on 25th June, a UK-wide event that gives us a chance to show our support for men and women who make up the Armed Forces community: including currently serving troops as well as veterans. A study in 2019 by Kings College London found that 20% of veterans claim unemployment benefits shortly after leaving the forces. This study shows that reintegrating back into society can be hard, and a combination of both social and economic factors sometimes leaves those in need of a helping hand, this is where we can help. GC Employment are proud in our services to veterans to help them recover and rebuild after exiting the forces.
Our employment services are designed to give support on an individual basis, making what we offer specific to the needs of each person we work with, with the aim to remove any barriers to work and find them sustainable and meaningful employment. The services we offer to veterans include:
- One-on-one, personalised job advice, that’s tailored towards their own barriers to work
- A specialist job advisor, who is there to help them find work, apply for jobs, and support them on an individual level
- Accredited free course, for everything from employability skills to specialised vocational courses designed to help them apply for jobs in specific sectors/industries.
- Skill appraisals and CV clinics, helping people to understand their current skill level, their transferable skills and how to best showcase these to employers.
- Job schemes and academies designed to give individuals experience in a specific role, with guaranteed job interviews.
- Our award-winning recruitment team dedicated to finding them a job that will work for them and their skills/needs.
Andy Roberts, Operations Director at GC Employment said:
“The Growth Company is committed to providing a full range of support to veterans, and we are raising awareness of this within the workforce via a series of internal campaigns, as well as creating focused training for employees working on those teams directly supporting veterans, or individuals transitioning from the Armed Forces. Internal HR policies are being updated to ensure that we offer full support to employees who choose to be members of the Reserve Forces, and our policies to support the family and/or dependants of members of the Armed Forces are also being developed and broadened.
In addition to this, we are seeking to increase our reach and attract veterans to work directly for the Growth Company. We are exploring the possibility of guaranteed interviews for ex-Armed Forces personnel, we are advertising and sharing our vacancies with the Resettlement programme via their direct Job Boards and Job Fairs, (across the UK), and we are making connections with local recruitment offices.
Our overall aim is for GC to become known as an Armed Forces-friendly organisation, offering a range of products and services to those leaving the military, including our skills for growth offer for those who may wish to start a business, funded courses for individuals looking to grow their personal skills, and employability skills and other life skills to support those transitioning from, or having left the Armed Forces.”
For more information about how we can support you, contact us today by clicking here. We’re here to help.